Law 14/2013, of September 27, on support for entrepreneurs and their internationalization establishes the possibility of obtaining a residence permit in Spain for foreigners who make an investment in the country.


What type of authorization or visa does this category imply?

- Residence visa to reside at least one year.

- Residence authorization of two years that may be renewed:

If the investment made is maintained and

If you have made at least one visit to Spain during the period of residence.

- To apply for the initial residence authorization, you must hold an investor visa.

* Who can request it?

- Those investors who make a significant investment in Spain:

Real estate assets, that is, buying homes or premises (€ 500,000)

Shares or bank deposits (€ 1 million)

Public debt (€ 2 million)

- Business projects in Spain considered of general interest.

* Where should you go to apply?

- The visa will be processed at the Consulate of Spain in the country of origin or residence.

- The residence authorization will be processed in the Large Companies-Strategic Collectives Unit.